As a guest speaker, I have many different special interest talks / lectures that I perform at Rotary Clubs, Women's Institutes, U3A, Over 50's groups, Probus, Luncheon clubs, Care & Retirement Homes, corporate functions and on Cruise Ships.
I am based in Stockport and travel around Cheshire and Greater Manchester.
My lectures cover a variety of topics that work for any number of guests from 5 to 500. Most are accompanied by a slideshow presentation, for which I bring my own headset microphone, projector and screen.
Each talk lasts around 50 minutes but can be adapted to fit your schedule. I will also have my books for sale at the end of the talk. Feel free to choose the talk from the selection below that's best for your attendees.
1. History of Popular Puzzles - This lecture explores the origins of popular puzzles such as the Rubik Cube, Rubik Twist, Crossword, Word search, Sudoku and Magic Square, followed by a live speed demonstration of each puzzle.
2. History of Optical Illusions - I look at how our eyes are deceived through art, construction, fashion, camouflage and advertising. This talk features numerous stories are how our eyes can be fooled through trickery and depth perception techniques.
3. Stories from the Life of a Magician - Enjoy a collection of amusing anecdotes from my career as a magician. Such as the time I caused three fire engines to turn up, or when the head guillotine illusion went wrong! This light hearted presentation will also have a few tricks along the way.
4. The Writing Process - Writing advice, tips and guidelines all structured to a letter of the alphabet. We examine several of my books and publications; the process of going from notes to draft, storyboard, editing and publication.
5. History of Picture Puzzles - Learn the origins of the Jigsaw, Spot the Difference, Where's Wally, Scrabble and Dingbats. While witnessing several magical presentations with each of them.
6. History of Toy Puzzles - In this lecture we look at the street con Three Cup Shuffle, along with games such as Dominos and Chess. We will also explore popular card games such as Poker, Three Card Monte, Blackjack and High or Low.
7. History of Magic Tricks - Discover how the art of sleight-of-hand has evolved from street busking to the big stage, and the journey of the famous magicians who laid its foundations to become the art form it is today.
8. Proposition Bets - An enjoyable challenge and answer workshop where the audience is invited to find solutions to pub type games. Learn how to blow up a balloon in one breath and balance a glass on a note.
The following is a talk where I had to work from my back-up prints. However it should hopefully give you an idea of my speaking style:
Cost & Availability
I work approximately 25 miles around Stockport and Greater Manchester.
Around Cheshire and Greater Manchester on a weekday; a single talk is £70.
I do not offer the talks at weekends, for Birthday Parties, Weddings or Christmas Parties. They are only available between January and November. If you require my services in December, I can provide my adult cabaret magic show which is £165.